[thrive_custom_box title=”” style=”dark” type=”color” color=”#a9d68b” border=””]The Torrent system made it much easier to transfer and download files. If you previously used FTP servers and mirror sites, today it’s enough to just download the file and leave the torrent client running. Not so long ago, the possibility of using torrents became available for Android users. What is the best torrent client for Android available on the web? The answer to this question can be obtained in this article.[/thrive_custom_box]
BitTorrent is the official torrent client for the Android platform. The user can not only download but also play videos on his phone, smartphone, and tablet, downloading and installing this application.
It is clear that when the developers of the BitTorrent protocol come to work, we can expect that the client program for downloading torrents will be optimal. Indeed, BitTorrent is one of the best ways to use this protocol on the mobile Android platform.
The latest updates have given some advantages to the functionality of the program. These include:
- Quick accessing to media with merged multimedia libraries.
- Automatic reboot (only in the pro version).
Other features of the free BitTorrent client, distinguishing it from alternative free download managers for this protocol:
- Simple and beautiful application design.
- Battery saving mode for saving mobile data.
- There are no restrictions on file size and load speed.
- Delayed loading: you can append files to the queue for subsequent upload, which permits you to save significantly the available space of the sd card.
- Improved playback of music and video, which is possible due to the tight multimedia integration of libraries of the torrent client with Android libraries.
Additional BitTorrent features that are relevant to Android:
- Selecting a source to save uploaded files.
- Download torrents and links in magnet-format.
- The choice between deleting torrents or BitTorrent – along with files.
- The optimized kernel of the program, thanks to which the program always works with torrents as efficiently as possible.
- The user can load music and video for free by using the network of BitTorrent partners – in particular, Moby and Public Enemy.
- Load multiple files simultaneously in one torrent. You can open these files as a single playlist, which makes BitTorrent a convenient music player for Android.
- BitTorrent is a completely multiplatform product.
The paid version of the program is ad-free, better saves battery power, supports auto power off and so on.
Costumers rating: (4.5 / 5)
As for the μTorrent tool for Android, the situation here is similar: the download manager is annexed in the top of the popular apps on Google Play. So it’s definitely worth paying attention to this mobile client. In addition, we will repeat, uTorrent is almost the best torrent client on the functional part.
The main traits of the uTorrent utility for Android:
- Downloaded torrents can be saved to an exterior sd-card, even despite known limitations of the latest versions of Android KitKat.
- Integrated media player for easy listening to music from your phone.
- Very rapid and potent client, which is the kernel of technique.
- Very nice interface – again, simple and “airy”.
- You can specify the location of the files, the load source, the upload format of the torrent on the tablet.
Individual torrents or data belonging to them are deleted. Conveniently, if you need to remove unnecessary torrents directly through the interface of uTorrent, without going into Explorer or another file manager for Android.
- Improved application performance on Android and stability.
- There is a mode of connection to the Wifi-only network (it allows to save battery of the phone and at the same time, mobile traffic).
[thrive_text_block color=”light” headline=””] Tip: If possible, use only Wifi connection when downloading torrents, so as not to land a phone or tablet. Go into the uTorrent settings and apply options that will save you from wasting the energy of the phone.[/thrive_text_block]
Other peculiarities of the μTorrent client:
- Retrieval in torrent and uploads from new downloads.
- Handy both for owners of phones on Android, and for users of tablets.
- There are no restrictions on the speed or size of downloaded torrents.
- Access to child services of the torrent client.
- Support for both torrent- and magnet links.
- Subscribe via uTorrent to RSS feeds (necessary functions for downloading podcasts).
Costumers rating: (4.5 / 5)
tTorrent is a top torrent client for Android and, perhaps, one of the most famed applications for downloading files, not only for mobile but also for desktop platforms. tTorrent Lite – mere to employ a download manager for torrents on your phone/tablet.
The loader has a lot of opportunities. Suffice it to say that tTorrent has built-in support for encryption and various connection protocols, including file transfer over SOCKS and HTTP. There is own search on the base of torrents, so you can do without the traditional browser version of tTorrent. However, it is possible to integrate with browsers in Android. For example, you may load torrent or magnet links and then transfer them directly to the tTorrent software.
Note other convenience of the tTorrent tool. It permits you to load multifold torrents at the same time, flexibly manage the upload speed and the count of torrents, threads, task queue. There are even several connection modes that duplicate the Android functionality – “only by Wifi”, “Wifi and WiMAX”.
If you need to limit the speed of distribution or downloading torrents, in tTorrent, you can specify a schedule with the speed change at a certain time, no problem to do it through the client interface. You are able to load torrents without downloading trackers, you can subscribe to RSS feeds, use UPnP and NAT-PMP (those who know will understand what is being said).
The only limitation that new users of the download manager tTorrent will encounter is a limited download speed of the torrent files: only 250 kilobytes/sec for the lite version of the tTorrent product. Well, of course, advertising in the free edition of the manager spoils the impression.
Costumers rating: (4.4 / 5)
Among the variety of diverse torrent clients that allow you to load various files from the World Wide Web, one of the most prevalent is the MediaGet program. This is due to the rich functionality of this client, a mere and obliging interface, as well as the possibility to quickly find the file you need. Consider the pros of the MediaGet program in more detail.
Speaking about the merits of the program MediaGet, first of all, we want to note that this program is absolutely free. It can be downloaded from the official developer site without problems and after a simple installation procedure, MediaGet is fully ready for use. But the “factor of freebie” is by far not the only one among those that make MediaGet such a popular program. In addition, it has a number of significant advantages that favorably distinguish it from the rest of the torrent clients. Here are the main ones:
- Ability to quickly search. MediaGet has built-in catalogs of torrent files available for download, so you do not have to google a lot to find the right movie or song. It is enough to enter the name of the file in the search string of the tool and it will offer you all the options available for download.
- The integrated MediaGet player permits you to view files of almost all existing formats. Separately we want to note the possibility to view the file before the end of its load.
- Efficiency and speed of downloading using peer-to-peer networks allow MediaGet to “give a head start” to the majority of programs-competitors.
- Using the program lets you load files without registration on trackers.
- Catalogs of MediaGet are updated daily, which affords you to upload even the most “fresh” torrents.
- The program has an ordinary and helpful interface with a vivid “social focus”.
- In MediaGet, there is an informative description of each downloaded file.
Costumers rating: (4 / 5)
Also check: Android apps to watch movies
aTorrent – this torrent for Android will be useful if you work with magnet and torrent protocols. This app is included in the top 10 best torrent tracker managers for the Android platform in 2015.
The free version of the program displays a banner, and this, perhaps, is one of the few inconveniences of this product. Also, after downloading to Android, installing aTorrent, go to the application manager and put the program in the list of exceptions because there is a problem where aTorrent is simply “killed” when downloading torrents in the background. Do not forget to configure the ports before downloading to the Android tablet – again, there may be a problem that the torrents for some reason do not download.
To find clients (ciders and peers), a convenient user dialogue is used. In additives, the user can readily load the necessary torrents directly through the browser, for this purpose, the integration of the torrent client with popular browsers under the Android OS is provided. You can traditionally open a torrent from an external file or by reference.
Regarding download selections in the aTorrent parameters, it should be noted convenient directory selection, speed control, partial download, and parallel downloading of several torrents at a time to an Android tablet or smartphone. All kinds of torrent protocols are supported, including all known BitTorrent P2P, magnet links, HTTP and UDP, DHT, Advanced Bootstrap DHT, and other file transfer protocols.
Large files in the torrent manager aTorrent’e are easy to download as separate torrents – to a USB flash drive or other external sources. The corresponding settings are indicated through the aTorrent program dialog.
Costumers rating: (4.3 / 5)
Torrentex – quite a good download-client (although not the best in the review), which enables you to load the torrent on your phone or tablet. First – about the strengths of the Torrentex tool. First, this manager is free, does not contain advertising, allows you to handle torrents and manage the speed of their download. And the upload speed is unlimited, as well as the number of incoming/outgoing connections, the number of threads or torrents at a time. Both torrent and magnet links are supported, thanks to which you can upload the torrent for the phone (in this case we are talking about Android). You may load torrents both to the SD-card of the tablet and to the internal memory of your mobile device, at your own discretion.
In addition, it should be noted flexible and customizable interface of the manager – in particular, Torrentex provides several themes for design – dark and light options. Thus, this application for downloading torrents is not only handy to use on tablets and smartphones but it’s quite nice by eye.
In order to upload a free torrent on Android, you must first understand the settings of the torrent manager. In additives, for the correct download of torrents on the phone, it is recommended to use mobile browsers Chrome or Opera.
Costumers rating: (4.2 / 5)
If you decide to download the torrent on Android, then you need to use the appropriate application for this. Which one? It all depends on your goals and the existing device. However, all of the above applications allow you to quickly and easily download content from the web to the Android gadget.