We all know what a spam is. A mailbox full of all rubbish and time spent cleaning it can be very unpleasant but even more unpleasant when such spam comes not by e-mail, but by mobile phone. How so? It’s very simple.
Promotional SMS or calls from people we try to ignore – isn’t this some kind of spam? The mail program can be closed, the computer can be turned off but the phone, as a rule, people try to always keep enabled. The situation is certainly not hopeless, it’s very simple to solve the problem, just as for this purpose there are programs that automatically block undesirable calls and text messages from specific numbers.
In this short review, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the 11 best Android applications for SMS blocking, which will save you from irritating phone spam and make your life calmer.
You may also like: 9 Best Ad Blocker apps for Android
Calls Blacklist – Call Blocker
The Call Blacklist program permits you to block calls and messages from any number – from the list of contacts, from the system log “Phone” and entered manually. No matter how many they call or write, your device will not make a sound, since the blocking occurs before the first dial tone.
- Maintain black and white lists. Black contains a list of numbers, calls and messages from which are blocked at all times. Numbers from the whitelist, on the contrary, are never blocked.
- Create a custom lock schedule. Locking can be enabled, for example, only at night or during a meeting.
- Blocking of hidden and unknown numbers.
- Blocking a group of numbers by the first few digits.
- Full blocking of all calls and SMS.
- Logging of blocked calls and SMS.
- Notifications of rejection of calls and messages (can be customized if desired).
- Save the blacklist to a file and download it from the file (convenient for transferring to another phone).
- Turning the lock on and off with a single button.
- If you are using Android 4.4 and later, you will need to send the SMS processing function to the program, otherwise unwanted messages will not be blocked. This is not an application error but a limitation of the operating system itself.
The Call BlackList starts working immediately after the phone is turned on, consumes a minimum of system resources and does not “callolize” the user’s eyes with any alerts (of course, when the notification function for blocked calls is disabled).
If the program suddenly stops performing its tasks, make sure that it is not disabled. You or the cleaners could accidentally disable its autorun.
Costumers rating: (4.5 / 5)
Root Call SMS Manager
Features of this application will be appreciated by the owners of phones with two SIM-cards. Unlike analogs, Root Call SMS Manager allows you to create two blacklists – your own for each SIM.
In addition, on Android 4.4 and later, it does not require you to assign yourself as an SMS handler, but it also successfully blocks spam in SMS and MMS messages.
- Two ways to block: reset the call without the first beep and mute the sound (“no answer” mode).
- White and black list modes. When employing the whitelist, all numbers that are not included in it are blocked. For numbers in the blacklist, you can set individual lock parameters.
- Block SMS by both numbers and text filters (the latter is available for both incoming and outgoing). Filtering on the text is convenient to use if from one number you receive both useful messages, and annoying advertising.
- Blocking of groups of numbers by masks and templates.
- Quickly lock and unlock all incoming calls.
Disadvantages of Root Call SMS Manager – it is mandatory for the user to have root-rights and limit the count of numbers in the black and white lists. In the free version, they are allowed to create only 2 entries.
Costumers rating: (4.5 / 5)
Call Blocker Free – Blacklist
Call Blocker Free – with this program for Android-smartphones you can automatically negate undesirable calls and SMS, create and restore backup copies of contacts. The “blacklist” settings permit you to deny calls from listed numbers, from unfamiliar numbers, as well as from all numbers in a row.
A backup copy of contacts can be created both on the device’s memory card and on the server on the Internet. The latter option is more preferable, as it gives a complete guarantee of saving the contact list in case the phone is lost or stolen.
The private area permits you to hide from prying eyes SMS-correspondence and the history of calls with some contacts. The function of safe driving is also interesting. The tool independently determines your speed and when you reach a certain (configured in the settings) level mechanically includes the rejection of all incoming calls.
Costumers rating: (4.4 / 5)
Postman – Spam Blocker
The Postman – Spam Blocker application blocks messages from those numbers that are not in your trust-list (you need to create one yourself).
It is possible to set a low or high level of protection against SMS. At a low level of protection, the application works as usual, and at a high level, it blocks SMS from all unknown numbers.
- You can completely disable spam alerts.
- Automatic removal of spam from the application folder after 45 days.
- Frequent updates.
- It filters only on the “white list”, if your friend or relative changes the SIM, the message from the new number can get into the spam.
- In the application, there is an advertisement.
Costumers rating: (4.2 / 5)
Blacklist is a very useful program for any modern person. What do we see first, by inserting a new SIM card into the new phone? A whole bunch of useless and not informative SMS! With this program, you can block these SMS!
Key Messages – Block Text, SMS, Spam Blocker – a popular application that offers users an easy to configure mechanism for automatically blocking text messages.
Sending spam, frankly deceptive message content, unfamiliar numbers and everything else can be banned if you want to get rid of constantly incoming SMS. Quick prioritization, regular database replenishment, creation of a black or white list will help regulate all processes so that after absolutely not to worry about cluttering the mobile gadget.
Costumers rating: (4.1 / 5)
Stop the flow of calls and SMS from unwanted numbers, spammers, collectors, network marketing representatives, robots.
Simply add their number to the blacklist, after which all calls and messages coming from the specified number will be blocked. All blocked calls and messages are logged and you can always view a report on the number of blocked entries during the day.
You can also prohibit receiving calls and text messages during a certain time period. For example: between 10 pm and 6 am.
The main advantages:
- Simply block calls and text messages by adding a phone number to the blacklist.
- Flexible blacklist configuration. You can add numbers to the blacklist directly from the list of received calls or messages, and even from your contact list…
- Filter text messages with keywords or phrases.
- Block your calls and text messages using keywords or phrases. Any call or message that has been blocked is logged in the program history, so you will never miss an important call or text message by easily checking which calls and messages have been blocked by the application.
- Stop any calls or text messages from all numbers within a certain time of day (silent mode).
- Back up and restore the blacklist settings.
Even though AntiNuisance has minimum functions, the program works like clockwork. And the developers didn’t set a goal to load the application with as many options as possible.
The programmers were going to make a lightweight and simple software product and they did it. AntiNuisance doesn’t have a ready number database, but users can easily create their own. There is a feature to block all calls from unknown numbers.
Costumers rating: (4.2 / 5)
Call Control – SMS/Call Blocker
This application blocks phone calls and text messages according to your personal blacklist. At the same time, using Community Blacklist allows you to protect yourself from annoying incoming calls from telemarketers, collectors, and spammers.
The easy-to-use and very effective Call Control application is one of the best available today for blocking unwanted calls and text messages!
The application has many options for blocking incoming calls from both hidden and unknown callers, personal blacklist, “Do Not Disturb” mode, SMS text filter, Community Blacklist, blocked calls log, and many other options.
Call Control is an extremely easy to use full-featured call and SMS blocker that has been trusted to protect your phone from unwanted incoming calls and text messages by more than 5 million users.
Costumers rating: (4.3 / 5)
Call Blocker – Blacklist, SMS Blocker
Call Blocker – Blacklist, SMS Blocker is a good Android SMS blocker with a laconic interface and the easiest operation. With it, you can gain full control over your calls and messages, don’t miss this fantastic opportunity!
Advantages of Call Blocker – Blacklist, SMS Blocker:
- Automatic spam removal;
- Backing up the blacklist and log file;
- Qualitatively designed menu, convenient management;
- Reposting information about blocked contacts in different social networks.
With this app, you no longer have to worry about unwanted calls and waste your time – just add them to your blacklist.
Costumers rating: (4 / 5)
Block Calls & Block SMS
Block Calls & Block SMS is a reliable and unobtrusive incoming blocker and blacklist manager for Android. With this application, it’s easy to block a contact on your phone (any number in the address book) or an unwanted number. As in other applications of this category, you can also block unknown anonymous numbers or disable notifications.
Opportunities of Block Calls & Block SMS application:
- Block incoming SMS and calls;
- Filtering private and hidden numbers on your phone;
- Logging locks on your phone;
- Enabling or disabling notifications of blocked calls and messages.
Costumers rating: (3.7 / 5)
Calls Blacklist – Call & SMS Blocker
Calls Blacklist – Call and SMS Blocking is a free Android app to block unwanted calls and text messages. You can block phone numbers in contacts, SMS, block unknown numbers, and block private numbers. Block any incoming calls and SMS from telemarketing, marketing agencies, robot operators, and advertisers.
Make your life easier by blocking unwanted incoming calls and SMS. You can block all your contacts if you’re asleep or busy in a meeting. You can also block calls and SMS for a specific period of time in the app settings.
In addition, you have the option to create a white list to allow access only to certain people.
Costumers rating: (3.3 / 5)
You may also like: 12 Best call blocker apps for Android
Call Blocker and SMS Blocker
Call blocker and SMS blocker can automatically reject unwanted or spam calls and messages.
If you are annoyed with a spam SMS or if you want to reject calls from someone, you can simply add the number to the blacklist, manually or from your contact list.
If you are looking for a call blocker or SMS blocker, this application is better for you.
1. Blacklist, add spam or unwanted numbers to the blacklist to block;
2. White list, add phone numbers that you don’t need to block to the white list;
3. Record of rejected numbers.
Costumers rating: (3.6 / 5)
Constant calls from unknown numbers or annoying messages can greatly spoil a person’s life and nerves. To get rid of this problem, there is a blacklist in the phone but this function does not always work properly and often misses messages to the user on the phone, despite the prohibitions. For this, there are applications, about which we talked in this article.
Which of these tools is the best – you be the judge. Everyone, as they say. There may be many factors affecting the performance of the application. This is the brand of the phone and the version of Android, and who knows what else.